SidewaysThe Resource Sideways
- Statement of responsibility
- Fox Searchlight Pictures presents a Michael London production ; produced by Michael London ; screenplay by Alexander Payne & Jim Taylor ; directed by Alexander Payne
- Viticulture -- California -- Drama
- Comedy films
- Male friendship -- California -- Drama
- Pickett, Rex -- Film adaptations
- Man-woman relationships -- Drama
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- Interpersonal relations -- Drama
- Wine and wine making -- California -- Drama
- Fiction films
- Feature films
- Male friendship -- Drama
- Man-woman relationships -- California -- Drama
- Vineyards -- California -- Drama
- Weddings -- Drama
- Independent films
- Jack and Miles were college roommates, and despite their differences, they have been friends ever since. Jack is an actor, whose career high point is a stint as a soap opera regular. English teacher and oenophile Miles would much rather be a published novelist. Jack is about to get married, so depressed, divorced Miles suggests they hit the road for a week-long bachelor party amidst the rolling hillsides and gorgeous sunsets of wine country near Santa Barbara. A little golf, a lot of wine, how could it possibly go sideways?
- Awards note
- Winners: 2005 Academy Award [USA] for Best Adapted Screenplay: Alexander Payne, Jim Taylor; 2005 Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture--Musical or Comedy: Michael London; 2005 Golden Globe for Best Screenplay: Alexander Payne, Jim Taylor; 2005 BAFTA Film Award for Best Adapted Screenplay: Alexander Payne, Jim Taylor; Seattle Film Critics Award for Best Adapted Screenplay: Alexander Payne, Jim Taylor; Seattle Film Critics Award for Best Supporting Actor: Thomas Haden Church; Seattle Film Critics Award for Best Supporting Actress: Virgina Madsen.
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Phedon Papamichael ; film editor, Kevin Tent ; music composed by Rolfe Kent
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: Rated R for language, some strong sexual content and nudity
- Language note
- In English, dubbed French, or Spanish with optional subtitles in English, French, or Spanish; closed-captioned in English
- LC call number
- LC item number
- S49994 2005
- Paul Giamatti (Miles), Thomas Haden Church (Jack), Virginia Madsen (Maya), Sandra Oh (Stephanie)
- Target audience
- live action
ContextContext of Sideways
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Les Cheneaux Community Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.